In A Reunion with Boredom, Charles Simic (2011,p. 374) says, "a quiet place to sit and think." Simic states this referring that technology has distracted ones deep thought. As for him he comes to deep thought by sitting in a dark house for three days contemplating to himself. Of course everyone is different in their own unique way of finding that quiet place to sit and think but Simic thinks that people are more and more attached to technology that they don’t have time to sit and think. Well as for me, I need the time to just think to myself and I do that by running outside. Back home in high school when times got tough I'd lace up my running shoes and just ran for miles thinking out loud to myself. To this day whenever I am stressed, sad, happy, motivated and a lot on my mind running is my quiet time to myself.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Unplug Yourself From All That
In A Reunion with Boredom, Charles Simic (2011,p. 374) says, "a quiet place to sit and think." Simic states this referring that technology has distracted ones deep thought. As for him he comes to deep thought by sitting in a dark house for three days contemplating to himself. Of course everyone is different in their own unique way of finding that quiet place to sit and think but Simic thinks that people are more and more attached to technology that they don’t have time to sit and think. Well as for me, I need the time to just think to myself and I do that by running outside. Back home in high school when times got tough I'd lace up my running shoes and just ran for miles thinking out loud to myself. To this day whenever I am stressed, sad, happy, motivated and a lot on my mind running is my quiet time to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment