Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Social Networking Is Good For You


Jayson, S. (2009, September 28). 'Flocking' behavior lands on social networking sites. 'Flocking' Behavior Lands on Social Networking Sites. Retrieved from http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2009-09-27-social-networking_N.htm


Link: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2009-09-27-social-networking_N.htm 

In the article Flocking Behavior Lands On Social Networking Sites by Sharon Jayson, Jayson indicates that social networking is good for you. Social support and social networking offer benefits such as: being a part of a larger social group, being able to gain memory retention and being able to recover to greater life satisfactions. I know for one that social media applications help me when I have a rough day. I would read something motivational in the morning so I would be happy for that day or come across something that made me laugh that became the highlight of my day.  You either change your behavior or you transmit information about the behavior to others, who change their behavior or life style. It’s the little things that count that can help increase a person's quality of life and reduce the risk of health problems. If that means coming across health information while you surf the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment